Standing Defense & Takedowns
Takedown Defense & Guard Tactics
Closed & Open Guard Variations Vs. Strikes
This is the premier training course for translating your grappling skills to real world assaults with strikes, tackles, grabs, and more!
Not just another collection of “self-defense moves” against static opponents and contrived situations, BJJ Street Defense, Vol. 1 builds on the functional delivery systems of Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, and Thai grappling to show you how to adapt the most high percentage martial arts skills to address the tactical needs of self-defense situations.
Best of all, these drills and skills will improve your game on the mat or competition as well!
Curing The Jiu-Jitsu Plight
There’s nothing wrong with training Jiu-Jitsu with a focus in sport (competition style) training if that’s what you love, but make no mistake…
The proliferation of sport specific BJJ training has led many grapplers to learn a style that lacks the necessary skills and tactics to defend themeselves if the s%@t hits the fan!
In fact, the sad truth is that a lot of grapplers have a dangerously false sense of confidence in their ability to handle a real fight and deal with the raw aggression of a bigger, stronger opponent trying to hurt them!
Stephen Whittier is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt, a senior training in Sityodtong Muay Thai, and a head coach with Straight Blast Gym International (SBG). For decades he’s been training everyone from hobbyist students and grappling competitors to UFC fighters and law enforcement in the functional skills – and more importantly, the strategies – they need to perform optimally in each area…. And when that comes to a real fight, it means learning the tactics you need to survive and walk away in one piece!
Here’s What You’ll Learn…
Video One: Standing Self-Defense & Takedowns
- The correct posture and distancing to use when faced with different types of aggressors: the passive-aggro, the sucker puncher/tackler, and the “worldstar.”
- Creating superior angles to keep yourself safe from potential threats (your opponents won’t even know you’re doing it).
- The most effective methods to close the distance against a “live wire” opponent – say goodbye to the old school BJJ stomp & tackle!
- The simple to change your clinch entry even when your opponent changes his attacking energy… no striking experience required!
- Super high-percentage takedowns (these will work in the gym, in competition, or in the street – but you have to know the tactical factors in a real fight).
- How to get your opponent grounded from any angle so that you stay on top and in control of the situation every time.
Video Two: Takedown Defense & Guard Tactics
- The #1 detail that will allow you to stop an aggressive attacker’s tackle – even if you are much smaller and lighter.
- The key frame tactics to keep your opponents from ever getting position on a takedown (you’ll learn how to apply this from anywhere they “land” on top so you can get back to your feet).
- Defend an opponents grabs from frontal and rear attacks (regardless of which grip they take).
- How to control posture, create angles, and stay safe from your full guard (you’ll keep even the super strong, violent opponents on the defensive).
- The best ways (and angles) to hit from your back.
- How to use the Shawn Williams guard for the street (these details work regardless of flexibility).
Video Three: Closed & Open Guard Variations vs. Strikes
- How to safely open your guard without getting your head knocked in (don’t lose your teeth in the transition).
- Exactly what to do when your partner powers out of your guard and gets their posture (learn how to control distance on the ground as well as on your feet).
- “Base or Face” tactics – how to punish kneeling or standing opponents every time they try to hit you.
- Defend yourself from strikes against every type of top pressure an opponent can give you.
- How to use your striking from guard to set up the most intelligent self-defense submissions (you’ll learn which submissions are good – and when to use them – and which are dangerous to attempt).
- And more!
So there you have it…
Over 4-1/2 hours of rock solid and potentially life saving instruction designed to give you the ultimate tactical and technical edge in a fight.
Instead of walking through your days in fear on one hand, or with a false sense of security in your ability on the other, you will have a more realistic and authentic sense of confidence in your skills….
Coach Stephen’s full-length courses have been top-sellers for as much as $197, but as a special introductory offer you can get BJJ Street Defense, Volume 1 Digital Course for the bargain price of just $69.00
That means you can leverage over 25 years of marital arts and self-defense experience from one of the most decorated instructors in the country for less than most video games!
Fair Warning: don’t wait because this price will not last! Take advantage of this special offer now before it’s gone.